Thursday, September 12, 2013

Luna's Restaurant, Spokane

A month or so ago I had the opportunity to visit my friend in Spokane for a couple days.  When a relative heard I was going there she suggested we have lunch at Luna's.  When that particular relative says go to this place or that place to eat I listen up.  She is a gourmet cook herself and knows about good food.  About Luna's Restaurant she said..."Gourmet food made from scratch and interesting decor."  Words I like to hear indeed.

So we did go and we were amazed. The outside appearance when you drive up is nothing special but I didn't let that bother me.  After all, I'd come here by recommendation. Once inside we enjoyed the atmosphere very much.

Here are a few photos I shot while waiting.


Not so busy on a Wednesday at 3:30 P.M. so it was good for taking a few photos.  The staff were relaxed and did a great job of answering our questions and waiting on us.  Nicely done.  I recommend going to nice places like this between meal times so you don't have the noisy din and rushed staff.

Patio seating is nice but it was a little too warm on this particular late afternoon.

Each table had a small potted herbal looking plant.  Loved this.

We already had a dessert plan so just took photos of the tempting made from scratch cookies.

Even the salt and pepper were well presented.


My daughter was a little uncertain about what she would eat at this place.  She likes simpler food than I do. She liked the fruit bowl.

My friend and I split a cup of soup.  Lemongrass, curry, vegetable.  OH MY!  I savored every bite.  Then we split a pizza from their wood fired Italian oven and was it ever good.  Forgot to take a photo of that.

Took this photo for the unique feet on the dessert display case.  White case with gold painted feet.  Like this.


We were amazed by the ciabatta bread and butter they brought to our table while waiting for the rest of the meal.  Unbelievable!  We ate that up and asked for more.  This was NOT going to be a dieting day.  She said they get the bread from the bakery behind them but this did not sink in until later...you will read all about it.

This gorgeous cupboard caught my attention because of my interest in painted furniture.  See my other blog for more details on that.  I inquired about this and was told the marble came from the Paulson Building in Spokane and the upper and lower cupboards were not meant to go together but were salvaged and stacked.

Moved in close to look at the details.  I think I might see some brighter blues peeking through.  Greek blue perhaps?  That might be interesting.


Can't tell if it is a light and shadow thing or if there is a brighter blue on the edge of these doors?

Just cute details everywhere you looked.  Liked how they displayed the bowls and used chalk boards.

Nicely done chalk board wall

Love the shade of green in the hydrangeas; also the aqua lamps.

Like the chandelier and the rough wood ceiling.

The waitress said they have a garden in back.  Rather than ask permission and be told no, we decided to ask forgiveness if we got in trouble which we did not.  What a neato parking lot on the way to the garden.

Close up of the parking lot.

Tara of Bouzie's Bakery saw us coming from the bakery window and whenever she sees a child she takes them to collect eggs.  She came right out and gave us a warm welcome and asked the child among us if she would like to help collect eggs. The photo below shows them on their way to do that WITH PURPOSE in their step.   The waitress had said the bakery was behind the restaurant but we hadn't put that all together until after Tara invited us in to tour the bakery.  This was a wonderful impromptu experience and we did not want to leave.

Stay tuned, there is a lot more, but I have to take a break and get the vacation rental ready.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Nothing else needs to be said, but I love the businesslike stop motion of the last photo. Keep waiting for an explanation there! And you had to know I would love the blue cabinets. Inspired by you once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phone rang in the middle of putting explanations on the photos so pressed update so as not to lose what I'd done so far. Will have to finish next week as tomorrow's vacation rental is looming on me.

      Especially wanted to get the blue cabinet photos up so you could see and have time to think about the possibilities.

      You were right on with that idea. Once I saw these cabinets I knew you had made the right choice. LOVE!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see that and I do feel reassured. I've been looking at the color chart trying to decide what that touch of brighter blue shade would be. What a fun outing for you two! Need your dates for coming...we are in the planning stages for October, November and December right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Too bad about the delay, but still looking forward to your visit... A little nervously as I eye the amount of cupboards we are scheduled to transform, but excited! Found a couple of recipes for lemongrass curry soup on bon appetit and food.com. I dare say it is divine with the effort/ingredients that gointo it. These pictures are beautiful. I am inspired! You need more time to blog, my dear - seriously. I want to visit Luna's, now. How is shoe selling? You are an artiste, not a seller of shoes, for goodness sake's! Can you do a blog about the Walla Walla Clothing Store? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh yes you do! If you want to meet here in June I would do it.

      Delete