Thursday, January 1, 2015

Meatloaf for the Freezer from Monika


Recently my sister recommended a meatloaf recipe from her husband's family cookbook and tonight I made a double batch.  Since I put it in individual portions in Demarle trays it was quick to bake, freeze and will be simple to reheat next week.  I baked the fluted loaf tray for 18 minutes and the larger flower tray for 20 minutes.  This time I didn't put the glaze on because I'm cutting down on sugar but I trust her that it is even better with the glaze.


This is in the combining stage.  Left over from a few days back was a container of corn bread.  I substituted it for the bread and we liked it a lot.  Also, I had 1 pound of ground turkey and 3 pounds ground beef.  That turned out just great too.




Just for fun I'm including a photo taken this morning.  My husband recently had a birthday and received a green tea kitkat from his cousin who is a minister in Japan.  While he read his Bible today he enjoyed this and I thought it was unique enough to take a photo of.



3 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of your substitutions! I got brave and tried ground turkey in the spaghetti a couple of days ago. Turned out good. Jerry noticed even though I didn't say anything about the switch. What a fun birthday treat - green tea kit kat - definitely worthy of being included. Just got home from Billings (funeral). Had fun at the corner of King and 24th Street - Costco, Home Depot, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Ross, and...Fuddruckers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three in our household really liked the meatloaf even though we didn't put the glaze on. My husband says it's too gourmet for him even though he ate it for three meals over the past three weeks. He prefers a simpler one like his mom made so I need to contact his sister and get a copy of that recipe. Your Billings trip sounded great. Wonder what all treasures you found at the corner of King and 24th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floating shelves for art and books...fabric. Food shopping - All the treats like champagne cheddar cheese, and Olive oil. It was just nice to not be in a hurry. I had a rough time with the wrong shoes, so not being in a hurry was nice.

    ReplyDelete