Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Cheese Cake With The Fewest Ingredients

Our children typically ask for cheesecake for their birthdays.  Long, long ago, my teeny almost 6 year old asked for grasshopper cheesecake.  She had no idea the ingredient list included Creme De Menthe.  I still have an almost full bottle in my freezer from all those years ago.

Here is a photo of the tiny cheese cake for the tiny birthday girl.  It was about 2.5 inches in diameter.



It really is worth making again.  And I should.  And I probably will.

Lately we had a high school graduation to celebrate which called for another made from scratch cheesecake.

This time there were a variety of toppings.  Our graduate made huckleberry jam with his grandmother last year and that was the most popular option.  Also our daughter and son-in-law brought fresh strawberries.  So we were all very happy.  The 9 of use ate it right up with nothing left over.  YUM!

One problem...no photo this time.  It's so unlike me.

I am inspired to post this blog for two reasons. 1. We visited "The Dog Spot" in Joseph, Oregon last weekend and they offer about 4 varieties of cheesecake per day.  2.  My sister asked about the take away from the experience.

The offerings on that day were Thai ice tea (with coconut) cheesecake, New York cheesecake, Cabernet cheesecake and root beer cheese cake.  I am most interested in the Thai ice tea with coconut milk cheesecake.  I didn't have any because I was full.  But next time...

Here is the recipe I am currently using for cheesecake:

3 Eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Graham cracker crumb crust:
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers
5 Tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

I use the Demarle (company recently changed it's name to bon COOK)  flower mold and press the crumb mixture in the bottom.


 At a recent birthday party, I forgot to take a photo until we were almost finished.  Better late than never.



Below is an old photo sent to me by one of my sisters who made a turtle cheesecake in the flower mold.  I would definitely like to make this recipe too.



Once the cheesecake mixture is well mixed (I use the Bosch mixer), pour on top of the pressed down crumb mixture.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Bake for 85 minutes and then turn off the oven and crack the door for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment