Sunday, December 23, 2018

Hamburger Pinwheels

My husband mentioned a few months back that he would like to eat Hamburger Pinwheels like his mother used to make.  Problem is I don't have the recipe.

This year for Thanksgiving we visited my Sister-in-law and family and she had a string of old family recipes hanging in her dining area for decor.

I got a photo:



Today I decided to make the recipe.  But I didn't have Biscuit mix or chili sauce.

So I make homemade cream biscuits from the Gourmet cookbook and make chili sauce from scratch.

My husband did not remember the confetti gravy part of the recipe and we didn't like it that much.

He imagines his mom fixed it that way once and got lots of feedback to skip the gravy and use ketchup.

We liked it better with ketchup.

Here are some photos of the outcome today:



The veggies I chose were onions, carrots and celery chopped fine and sauteed in butter.  I added to the gravy just before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment