Saturday, April 6, 2019

Basket Weaving and Birthday Tea

For awhile now a plan has been in place to weave baskets on a certain day.  The reason being that it was spring break and our family members who are students could be included without skipping school.
 
A fun time was had by all and it wasn't all about the baskets.  We laughed and enjoyed the time.  Taking a hand crafted basket home at the end of the day was a bonus.

So that I may respect the privacy of others, I'm including a photo of our basket party without heads:



Inside my picnic basket I now have a smaller basket to hold a bottle of olive oil, a bottle of flavored vinegar and a travel cup.  I usually take a salad on a picnic (and to basket making class) and those bottles/cup used to roll around a bit in the basket.  No more, I've made a basket customized for the task:


Here is the basket I finished the week before, though this is the unfinished version of it.



And the one before that which was from my mother's birthday:





And now that we have family visiting from another city and a birthday is coming up, it was fun to prepare for it the day before and arrive home from basket class to have a birthday tea party waiting in the fridge.







2 comments:

  1. Oh! This was so much fun :) Perfect colors, happy day! Two of the baskets match this tea party quite well! New thing to love: the roasted red pepper "paste": a dairy-free dip that went amazing with the goat cheese log and the sweet potato chips. Oh my! I want that again!

    LW in SE WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm inspires me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete